Terms and Conditions
CrocStars Swim School Autism and Special Needs Program is delivered in alignment with the NSW Public School calendar over four (4) Terms. Each Term runs for approximately ten (10) weeks. Enrolment payments will apply to the whole of the forthcoming Term or portion of the remaining Term at the time of enrolment. A re-enrolment application and payment must be made by the parent/carer to secure a placement in each subsequent Term.
CrocStars Swim School will continue to offer lessons during school holidays (except on public holidays) and parents/carers have the option of continuing their child's lessons through these periods.
- New enrolments
- Complete Autism & Special Needs Swim Program Enrolment Form - https://form.jotform.co/71480716657867
- You will receive an email from CrocStars confirming your term booking with your preferred lesson time. Please note, if we cannot find a suitable lesson time that suits you, you will be placed on our waiting list.
- Once you have agreed to the lesson time assigned to you, we will send you a service agreement to read and agree to.
- Please refer to our payment options below.
- Re-enrolments (Existing Customers)
- Complete Re-Enrolment Form - the link will be provided in the end of term newsletter
- You will be given three options for the following term - confirm your child’s current day/time, request a new lesson time (subject to availability) or cancel your child’s booking.
- Please refer to our payment options below.
- Payment Policy
- Payment is required prior to the commencement of the Term, or first lesson if commencing mid-Term to secure your child’s placement.
- Payment must be made in full and in advance for the full Term or remaining portion of the Term if enrolment commenced mid-Term.
- CrocStars Swim School will invoice you the full payment required.
- Failure to pay the invoice prior to the due date may result in the forfeit of your child’s lesson day/time.
- Notwithstanding the requirement for full payment in advance, we at CrocStars understand families may be limited to making multiple smaller advance payments. We will make every effort to accommodate these requests.
- To discuss please contact email@example.com
- Receipt of enrolment fee payment is confirmation that you agree to abide by CrocStars Swim School Terms and Conditions.
- Payment method
Direct Deposit to:
BSB: 302 963
Account no: 0172144
Account name: VAN HESE ENTERPRISES PTY LTD
Reference: (your name)
- Missed lessons
Responsibilities of CrocStars Swim School
- In the event CrocStars Swim school is unable to deliver a lesson due to teacher illness, pool unavailability or any other reason, an equivalent number of make-up lessons will be offered, subject to availability.
- Where the make-up lesson times/days offered by CrocStars Swim School do not suit you the equivalent number of make-up lessons will be credited (in full) to your next Term enrolment fees.
- Missed lessons will not be refunded or redeemed for cash.
Responsibilities of the parent/carer
- CrocStars Swim School understands the pressures and unpredictable change in circumstances families experience week to week e.g. illness, competing appointments, meltdowns or exhaustion which may cause you to miss a lesson/s.
- In the event of a missed lesson/s, we will do everything within our control to offer a make-up lesson/s subject to the following conditions:
- The parent/carer gives CrocStars Swim School a minimum of three (3) hours notice, prior to the scheduled lesson. (This will enable CrocStars Swim School sufficient time to offer a make-up lesson to other families and reschedule the lesson roster and teachers start/finish times).
- Failure to provide a minimum of three (3) hours notice, prior to the scheduled lesson nullifies CrocStar Swim School responsibility to offer and provide a make-up lesson.
- Make-up lessons are not guaranteed and can only be offered strictly dependant upon the availability of your child’s teacher.
- Make-up lessons will be valid for six (6) months.
- No more than two (2) make-up lessons will be offered over the Term.
- Upon receipt of the required prior notice of your child's absence for three (3) or more consecutive lessons due to illness, we will offer you 50% credit towards your fees for the next Term.
- If you have a major problem with our service or a minor problem that can't be fixed within a reasonable time you have the right to cancel our service agreement, when it is:
• provided with an unacceptable level of care and skill
• unfit for the purpose you asked for
• not delivered within a reasonable time when there is no agreed end date.
- CrocStars Swim School will refund the balance of untaken lessons in the same form as your original payment.
- You can’t cancel a service agreement or get a refund if the problem was outside the control of CrocStars Swim School or if you:
• changed your mind
• insisted on having a service provided in a particular way, against our advice
• failed to clearly explain your needs to us.(ACCC)
- A parent/carer wanting to cancel their child’s enrolment must provide not less than one (1) weeks notice before their child’s next scheduled lesson to receive a full refund of fees for the balance of the Term.
- Notice of cancellation received less than one (1) week before their child’s next scheduled lesson will result in only 50% of that next lesson fee being refunded, with a full refund of fees for the balance of the Term.
- All notices of cancellation must be made in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teacher and lesson times
We understand how important it is to you and your child that you have consistency and familiarity, especially with the teacher and lesson times. However there are occasions outside of our control where a substitute teacher will be provided and lesson times may have to change.
Every effort will be made to inform you and offer you choices to any proposed changes however, CrocStars Swim School reserves the right to make these changes at our discretion.
- CrocStars Swim School has a legal responsibility and moral obligation to provide our staff, children and parents/carers with a safe and healthy workplace.
- CrocStars Swim School has formal written agreement with the pool owners that the pool water quality will at all times comply with the minimum standards of the Public Health Act and Regulations and NSW Public Swimming Pool and Spa Pool Advisory Document.
To protect and maintain a healthy workplace and environment parents/carers must refrain their child from attending lessons as a precaution, if they are suffering from any of the following conditions:
- infectious illness, flu, fever, heavy cold, vomiting, diarrhoea, open sores.
- Do not swim if you have had diarrhoea in the past two weeks.
- Do not swim if you have cryptosporidiosis or germs like E.coli, shigella and viruses, which are transmitted through the faecal-oral route. They are highly contagious and spread by people accidentally swallowing pool water that has been contaminated. This causes people to be sick with symptoms such as diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps and fever.
- CrocStars Swim School reserves the right to refuse entry to any child suffering illnesses or conditions described above.
- All children under three (3) and all those over three (3) that are not completely toilet trained, must wear two layered protection (double-nappy) to prevent accidents in the pool. This means that children will need to wear a disposable swim nappy covered by a Happy Nappy or a similar product such as Splash Jammers or ToasTees Wetsuit Pant. Which ever pant you choose, it must have snug fitting elastic on the waist and legs, which aids in containment. See links below:
- Little Toggs Happy Nappy - https://www.littletoggs.com.au/happy-nappy-pant/
- Little Toggs Happy Nappy - https://www.littletoggs.com.au/product-category/splash-jammers/child-splash-jammers/
- ToastTees Wetsuit Pant - https://toasteeswetsuits.com.au/site/main/e-store//product/KP?cat=
- Safety Policy
- A requirement of CrocStars Swim School use of the pools is to ensure at least two (2) adults are present, one being CPR certified, during the course of each lesson. As each of our swim teachers have this qualification it only requires the parent/adult carer of the child in the lesson to be present to assist the teacher in the event of an emergency.
- The parent/adult carer must remain at poolside at all times during the course of the lesson.
- It is the parent/carers responsibility to supervise, control and safeguard any other children not directly involved in the lesson.
- CrocStars Swim School accepts no responsibility for third party injury, personal property loss or damage sustained whilst on the premises.
- Photos and video images
Taking a photograph or video of a child or children is not allowed without the prior permission of the teacher for the specific class. Parents/carers and families wishing to take images of their child during the lesson must get the prior consent of the teacher and all other parents/carers whose children are in the pool at the same time.
- ACCC - Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- Consecutive - following each other continuously
- CPR - Cardi Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Enrolment - completion of all forms and payment of fees
- Infectious - disease liable to be transmitted to other people
- Parent/carer - includes guardian, families
- Placement - specific time and day for a swim lesson
- Term - NSW Public School student/teaching weeks